Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To love one person with a private love is poor and miserable: to love all is glorious.Thomas Traherne
- Capable of stretching; particularly, capable of stretching so as to return to an original shape or size when force is released.
- The rope is somewhat elastic, so expect it to give when you pull on it.
- Made of elastic.
- elastic band
- Of clothing, elasticated.
- (economics) Sensitive to changes in price.
- Demand for entertainment is more elastic than demand for energy.
capable of stretching
elasticated See elasticated
sensitive to changes in price
- (uncountable) An elastic material used in clothing, particularly in waistbands and cuffs.
- Running shorts use elastic to eliminate the need for a belt.
- (countable) An elastic band.
elastic band See elastic band
Elsewhere on the web