Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is the farce which everyone has to perform.Arthur Rimbaud
Adjectiveelder (not comparable)
- Comparative of old; greater than another in age or seniority.
- The elder of the two was also an elder-statesman
- An older person or an older member, usually a leader, of some community.
- We were presented to the village elder.
- An officer of a church, sometimes having teaching responsibilities
- (US, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The lowest office in the Melchizedek priesthood.
- After being a member of the Church for a while, Bill was ordained to the office of elder.
- (US, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) One ordained to the office of elder.
- Jack had been an elder for only a few days when he received a new calling.
- (US, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Male missionary, title for a male missionary; title for a general authority.
- The elders are coming over for dinner tonight.
- One of the long-time leaders in the Church is Elder Packer.
- A small tree of the genus Sambucus having white flowers in a cluster, and purple berries.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A priest or priestess in the modern pagan tradition known as Asatru or Heathenry.
older member or leader of a community
Melchizedek priesthood office, missionary, title
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web