Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits.William Hazlitt
Adjectiveelectric (not comparable)
- Of, relating to, produced by, operated with, or utilising electricity; electrical.
- Of, or relating to an electronic version of a musical instrument that has an acoustic equivalent.
- Being emotionally thrilling; electrifying.
- electric chair
- electrical outlet
- electrical engineer
- electric grid (AKA a power grid)
- electric darts
electronic (musical instrument)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (rare) An electric car.
- (archaic) A substance or object which can be electrified; an insulator or non-conductor, like amber or glass.
- Dictionary.com definitions of electric
- Niels H. de V. Heathcote (December 1967). "The early meaning of electricity: Some Pseudodoxia Epidemica - I". Annals of Science 23 (4): pp. 261-275.
Elsewhere on the web