Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- SAMPA: /"El@%veIt@/
- (US) Platform used for the moving of people and/or goods up and down in buildings.
- A silo used for storing wheat, corn or other grain (grain elevator)
- A control surface of an aircraft responsible for controling the pitching motion of the machine.
- Trademark for a type of shoe having an insert lift to make the wearer appear taller.
- lift (British English)
- elevator, grain elevator.
- Useinov & Mireev Dictionary, Simferopol, Dolya, 2002 
- lift (mechanical device for vertically transporting goods or people)
This Danish entry was created from the translations listed at lift. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see elevator in the Danish Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) April 2008
Elsewhere on the web