Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Will power is to the mind like a strong blind man who carries on his shoulders a lame man who can see.Arthur Schopenhauer
- Rhymes: -ʊə(r)
Third person singular
- (transitive) To continue or carry on with something, despite obstacles or hardships.
- Keith Richards' popularity endured for decades.
- (transitive) To tolerate or put up with something unpleasant.
- (intransitive) To last.
- Our love will endure forever.
- (intransitive) To suffer patiently.
- He endured years of pain.
to continue despite obstacles
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web