Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To live lightheartedly but not recklessly; to be gay without being boisterous; to be courageous without being bold; to show trust and cheerful resignation without fatalism—this is the art of living.Jean De La Fontaine
Third person singular
- (transitive) To enter (a name) in a register, roll or list
- (transitive) To enlist (someone) or make (someone) a member of
- They were eager to enroll new recruits.
- (intransitive) To enlist oneself (in something) or become a member (of something)
- Have you enrolled in classes yet for this term?
- (enter in a register): list, note, note down, record, register
- (enlist): enlist, sign up, subscribe
- (become a member): enlist, join, join up, sign up, subscribe
To enter (a name) in a register, roll or list
Elsewhere on the web