Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
No mans error becomes his own Law; nor obliges him to persist in it.Thomas Hobbes
Adjectiveentire (not comparable)
- whole; complete.
- We had the entire building to ourselves for the evening.
- (botany) Having a smooth margin without any indentation.
- An uncastrated horse; a stallion.
- 2005: He asked why Hijaz was an entire. You know what an entire is, do you not, Anna? A stallion which has not been castrated. — James Meek, The People's Act of Love (Canongate 2006, p. 124)
- (stamp collecting) a complete envelope with stamps and all official markings: (prior to the use of envelopes) a page folded and posted.
- See stallion
Elsewhere on the web