Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life at the greatest and best is but a froward child, that must be humored and coaxed a little till it falls asleep, and then all the care is over.Oliver Goldsmith
- That which has a distinct existence as an individual unit. Often used for organisations which have no physical form.
- An existent something that has the properties of being real, and having a real existence.
- (computing) An organized array or set of individual elements or parts.
- The state or quality of being or existence.
- The group successfully maintains its tribal entity.
- Quotation: The policy of the government of the United States is to seek . . . to preserve Chinese territorial and administrative entity -- G.F.Kennan
Something or somebody that exists as an individual unit
organized array or set of individual elements or parts
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web