Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
She had an unequalled gift... of squeezing big mistakes into small opportunities.Henry James
|Ε ε – Greek: έψιλον|
|Wikipedia article on epsilon|
- IPA: /ɛpsɪlɒn/
- The name for the fifth letter of the Greek alphabet, ε or Ε, preceded by delta (Δ, δ) and followed by zeta (Ζ, ζ).
- (phonetics) In IPA, the phonetic symbol that represents the open-mid front unrounded vowel; represented in SAMPA as E.
- (mathematics) An arbitrarily small quantity.
- (computing, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A negligible effect.
- Yes, we have to convert all the symbol names to upper case at startup, but that’s epsilon.
name for the fifth letter of the Greek alphabet
symbol for front half open unrounded vowel
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- IPA: /ɛpsilɔn/
epsilon m. and f. (plural s, diminutive netje)
- The name for the fifth letter of the Greek alphabet.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The IPA symbol that represents the open-mid front unrounded vowel.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) An arbitrarily small quantity.
Elsewhere on the web