Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is not how many years we live, but rather what we do with them.Evangeline Cory Booth
- (UK) IPA: /eə/ or IPA: /ɜː/
- (US) IPA: /ɛɹ/ or (rare) IPA: /ɝ/
- (Note: the first pronunciation is considered incorrect by some conservative commentators although it is more common. The second pronunciation may be unfamiliar to many speakers.)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To make a mistake.
- He erred in his calculations, and made many mistakes.
- (intransitive) To sin.
make a mistake
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web