Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The ideas of economists and political philosophers, both when they are right and when they are wrong, are more powerful than is commonly understood. Indeed the world is ruled by little else. Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist.John Maynard Keynes
- The act of establishing; a ratifying or ordaining; settlement; confirmation.
- Since their establishment of the company in 1984, they have grown into a global business.
- The state of being established, founded, etc.; fixed state.
- The firm celebrated twenty years since their establishment by updating their look.
- That which is established; as a form of government, a permanent organization, business or force, or the place where one is permanently fixed for residence.
- Pedro's is a fine establishment serving a variety of delicious food.
- Exposing the shabby parts of the establishment.
- (slang) The establishment: the ruling class or authority group in a society; especially, an entrenched authority dedicated to preserving the status quo.
- It's often necessary to question the establishment to get things done.
the act of establishing
the state of being established
that which is established
slang: the ruling class or authority group
Elsewhere on the web