Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A proof that experience is of no use, is that the end of one love does not prevent us from beginning another.Paul Bourget
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- The time of the day between dusk and night, when it gets dark.
- The time of the day between the approximate time of midwinter dusk and midnight (compare afternoon); the period after the end of regular office working hours.
- (figuratively) A concluding time period; a point in time near the end of something; the beginning of the end of something.
- It was the evening of the Roman Empire.
time of day
- Present participle of even.
Elsewhere on the web