Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is unfortunately very true that, without leisure and money, love can be no more than an orgy of the common man. Instead of being a sudden impulse full of ardor and reverie, it becomes a distastefully utilitarian affair.Charles Baudelaire
evenly (comparative more evenly, superlative most evenly)
- So as to make flat.
- Spread the icing evenly over the cake.
- In a fair manner.
- To avoid arguments, he divided the sweets evenly between his two children.
- (mathematics) In a manner that leaves no remainder.
- 12 is evenly divisible by 2, 3, 4 and 6.
in a manner that leaves no remainder
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web