Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
No mans error becomes his own Law; nor obliges him to persist in it.Thomas Hobbes
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (RP) IPA: /ˈɛvə/, SAMPA: /"Ev@/
- (GenAm) IPA: /ˈɛvɚ/, SAMPA: /"Ev@`/
- help, file
- Rhymes: -ɛvə(r)
- Hyphenation: ev‧er
- (archaic) Always
- It was ever thus.
- At any time, particularly used as an intensifier.
- If that ever happens, we’re in deep trouble.
- Has a foreign-born man ever been president?
- Will this ever end?
- Don't ever do that again.
At any time
- ever so
- wild boar
- everzwijn m.
Elsewhere on the web