Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love laughs at locksmiths.Proverb
from Latin excedeō
Third person singular
- (transitive) To be larger, greater or better than (something).
- The company's 2005 revenue exceeds that of 2004.
- The quality of her essay has exceeded my expectations.
- (transitive) To go beyond (some limit); to surpass, outstrip or transcend.
- In Super Mario RPG, the name that you are typing in cannot exceed eight characters.
To be larger, greater or better than something else or than expected or desirable
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web