Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Welcome, O life! I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race.James Joyce
Third person singular
- to put in vigorous action
- I exerted myself in today's training.
- to make use of, to apply, especially of something non-material
- He considered exerting his influence on John to gain an advantage for himself.
to put in vigorous action
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Finnish: ponnistaa
Elsewhere on the web