Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
People who are sensible about love are incapable of it.Douglas Yates
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- A particular way of phrasing an idea.
- A colloquialism or idiom.
- The expression "break a leg!" should not be taken literally.
- A facial appearance usually associated with an emotion.
- (mathematics) An arrangement of symbols denoting values, operations performed on them, and grouping symbols.
- (biology) The process of translating a gene into a protein.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A piece of code in a high-level language that returns a value.
- The process of expressing milk
particular way of phrasing an idea
colloquialism or idiom
mathematics: arrangement of symbols
process of translating a gene into a protein
(computing) a piece of code in a high-level language that returns a value
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
expression f. (plural expressions)
Elsewhere on the web