Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The ideas of a time are like the clothes of a season: they are as arbitrary, as much imposed by some superior will which is seldom explicit. They are utilitarian and political, the instruments of smooth-running government.Wyndham Lewis
See also extensión
- The act of extending or the state of being extended; a stretching out; enlargement in breadth or continuation of length; increase; augmentation; expansion.
- That property of a body by which it occupies a portion of space (or time, e.g. "spatiotemporal extension")
- (semantics) Capacity of a concept or general term to include a greater or smaller number of objects; -- correlative of intension.
- (finance) A written engagement on the part of a creditor, allowing a debtor further time to pay a debt.
- (medicine) The operation of stretching a broken bone so as to bring the fragments into the same straight line.
- (weightlifting) An exercise in which an arm or leg is straightened against resistance.
- (fencing) A simple offensive action, consisting of extending the weapon arm forward.
- A numerical code used to specify a specific telephone in a telecommunication network.
- (semantics): denotation
- (exercise): curl
- extension cord
- hair extension
- leg extension
- triceps extension
- file extension
- metaphorical extension
act of extending or the state of being extended
anatomy: that property of a body by which it occupies a portion of space
semantics: capacity of a concept or general term to include a greater or smaller number of objects
finance: written engagement on the part of a creditor
fencing: a simple offensive action, consisting of extending the weapon arm forward
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
extension f. (plural extensions)
Elsewhere on the web