Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.Erich Fromm
See also Appendix:Variations of "f"
See also բWikipedia
- (music) forte
- F is the sixth letter of the English alphabet, and a nonvocal consonant. Its form and sound are from the Latin. The Latin borrowed the form from the Greek digamma Ϝ, which probably had the value of English w consonant. The form and value of Greek letter came from the Phœnician, the ultimate source being probably Egyptian.
- Etymologically f. is most closely related to pl., k, v, and b; as in English f.ive from Greek pe`nte; English wolf., from Latin lupl.us, and Greek ly`kos; English f.ox, vixen ; f.ragile, break; f.ruit, brook; English verb bear, from Latin f.erre.
- See Guide to Pronunciation, §§ 178, 179, 188, 198, 230 in the 1913 Webster dictionary
- (music) The name of the fourth tone of the model scale, or scale of C. F sharp (F♯) is a tone intermediate between F and G.
F clef, the bass clef. See under Clef.
- (grammar) feminine
- (printing) Folio, paper and book size (10"-12.5" x 15"-20")
- (euphemism) fuck
- What the f do you think you're doing ?
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- IPA: /fe/, /ef/
f (lowercase, capital F)
- The eighth letter of the Romanian alphabet representing the phoneme /f/. Preceded by e and followed by g.
Elsewhere on the web