Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us, and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone.George Eliot
- (uncountable) A Middle Eastern food in the form of balls made from chickpeas and other ingredients. Often served in a pita.
- There's a stall at the market that sells fantastic falafel.
- (countable) A pita with falafel balls inside.
- (countable) A single falafel ball.
- The stallholder puts salad into an open pitta bread, followed by the four falafels and then liberally covers them with hummus.
- (Australia, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A falafel roll.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web