Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A person is never happy till their vague strivings has itself marked out its proper limitations.Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
See also Fanfare
- (countable) A flourish of trumpets or horns as to announce; a short and lively air performed on hunting horns during the chase.
- They played a short fanfare to announce the arrival of the king.
- (uncountable) A show of ceremony or celebration.
- The town opened the new library with fanfare and a speech from the mayor.
a flourish of trumpets or horns
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Catalan: fanfàrria, f.
- IPA: /fɑnfarə/
- A brass band, with percussion.
- A fanfare (flourish).
- Plural form of fanfara.
Elsewhere on the web