Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love, never so forlornly unhappy as when we have lost our love object or its love.Sigmund Freud
- Rhymes: -eɪʃə
- pronounced: ' fa sh ə ' or ' fa shē ə ' (IPA: /fæʃ(ɪ)ɑ/); plural: fascias
- A wide band of material covering the ends of roof rafters in a building.
- A flat band or broad fillet; especially, one of the three bands which make up the architrave, in the Ionic order.
- A broad well-defined band of color.
- A band, sash, or fillet; especially, in surgery, a bandage or roller.
- pronounced: ' fā shē ə ' (IPA: /fɑʃɪɑ/); plural: fasciae
- The layer of loose tissue, often containing fat, immediately beneath the skin; the stronger layer of connective tissue covering and investing all muscles; an aponeurosis.
fascia f. (plural fasce)
Elsewhere on the web