Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness in the present is only shattered by comparison with the past.Doug Horton
to feed (third-person singular simple present feeds, present participle feeding, simple past and past participle fed)
- Rhymes: -iːd
Third person singular
- (transitive) to give food to eat, nurture
- Feed the dog every evening.
- (intransitive) to eat (usually of animals)
- Spiders feed on gnats and flies.
- (transitive) To give to a machine to be processed.
- Feed the paper gently into the document shredder.
- We got interesting results after feeding the computer with the new data.
to give food to eat
- (uncountable) Food given to (especially herbivorous) animals.
- They sell feed, riding helmets, and everything else for horses.
- Something supplied continuously; as, a satellite feed.
- (countable) A gathering to eat, especially in quantity
- They held a crab feed on the beach.
- (Internet) Encapsulated online content, such as news or a blog, that you can subscribe to with a feed reader.
encapsulated online content that you can subscribe to with a feed reader
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web