Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life at the greatest and best is but a froward child, that must be humored and coaxed a little till it falls asleep, and then all the care is over.Oliver Goldsmith
Third person singular
- To give a mental existence to something that is not real or actual; to imagine; to invent; to pretend; to form and relate as if true.
- He feigned that he had gone home at the appointed time.
- To represent by a false appearance of; to pretend; to counterfeit.
- The pupil feigned sickness on the day of his exam.
- To dissemble; to conceal.
- Jessica feigned the fact that she had not done her homework.
to represent by a false appearance of
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Danish: foregive
Elsewhere on the web