Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Seek not happiness too greedily, and be not fearful of unhappiness.Lao-Tzu
See also Fender
- (US) panel of a car which encloses the wheel area, especially the front wheels
- (US) a shield, usually of plastic or metal, on a bicycle that protects the rider from mud or water
- (nautical) Any shaped cushion-like object normally made from polymers, rubber or wood that is placed along the sides of a boat to prevent damage when moored alongside another vessel or jetty, or when using a lock, etc. Modern variations are cylindrical although older wooden version and rubbing strips can still be found; old tyres are used as a cheap substitute
- A low metal framework in front of a fireplace, intended to catch hot coals, soot, and ash.
- (US, panel of a car which encloses the wheel area): (Australian) guard, (British) wheel arch, (British) wing
- (US, shield on a bicycle that protects the rider from mud or water): (British) mudguard
a shield, usually of plastic or metal, on a bicycle that protects the rider from mud or water
Elsewhere on the web