Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There is no shortcut to life. To the end of our days, life is a lesson imperfectly learned.Harrison Salisbury
- Something nonsexual, such as an object or a part of the body which arouses sexual desire or is necessary for one to reach full sexual satisfaction.
- Something which is believed to possess, contain, or cause spiritual or magical powers; an amulet or a talisman.
- An irrational, or abnormal, fixation or preoccupation.
- 1933: We have a feeling that it must be "honest" work, because it is hard and disagreeable, and we have made a sort of fetish of manual work. -- George Orwell, Down and Out in Paris and London, Ch. XXII, pg. 117 (Harvest / Harcourt paperback edition).
something nonsexual which arouses sexual desire
something believed to possess spiritual or magical powers
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web