Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is a long lesson in humility.Sir James M. Barrie
- Rhymes: -ɪkʃən
- Literary type using invented or imaginative writing, instead of real facts, usually written as prose.
- The company’s accounts contained a number of blatant fictions.
- I am a great reader of fiction.
- (uncountable) Invention.
- The butler’s account of the crime was pure fiction.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
fiction f. (plural fictions)
Elsewhere on the web