Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprung up.Oliver Wendell Holmes
See also Fin
- 1 English
- 2 Bambara
- 3 Crimean Tatar
- 4 Danish
- 5 French
- 6 Norwegian
- 7 Romanian
- 8 Spanish
- 9 Swedish
- One of the appendages of a fish, used to propel itself and to manoeuvre/maneuver.
- A similar appendage of a cetacean or other marine animal.
- A thin, rigid component of an aircraft, extending from the fuselage and used to stabilise and steer the aircraft.
- A similar structure on the tail of a bomb, used to help keep it on course.
- A hairstyle, resembling the fin of a fish, in which the hair is combed and set into a vertical ridge along the top of the head from about the crown to the forehead.
- A device worn by divers and swimmers on their feet.
- An extending part on a surface of a radiator, engine, heatsink, etc., used to facilitate cooling.
- (U.S. slang) A five-dollar bill
- (appendange of a fish):
- (appendage of a cetacean or other marine animal): flipper (of mammals)
- (aircraft component):
- (of a bomb): vane
- (divece worn by divers): flipper
appendage of a fish
appendage of a cetacean or other marine animal
of a bomb
device used by divers
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Ido: floso
- Useinov & Mireev Dictionary, Simferopol, Dolya, 2002 
fin f. (plural fins)
Elsewhere on the web