Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement.Henry Ford
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Third person singular
- (transitive) To encounter, to discover.
- Project Gutenberg finds that Find is the 190th most important word in the English language.
- I found my car keys -- they were under the couch.
- (transitive) To point out.
- He kept finding faults with my work.
- (transitive) To decide that, to form the opinion that.
- I find your argument unsatisfactory.
- (transitive) To determine or judge.
- The jury finds for the defendant
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Anything that is found, especially by good fortune.
- The act of finding.
- (anything found, especially by good fortune): discovery
anything that is found, especially by good fortune
Elsewhere on the web