Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love's pure silver flame gives each innermost spirit invisible warmth.A Haiku Verse
See also First
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
|< 0th||1st||2nd >|
| Ordinal : first|
Cardinal : one
Adjectivefirst (not comparable)
- (uncountable) The person or thing in the first position.
- (uncountable) The first gear of an engine.
- (countable) Something that has never happened before; a new occurrence.
- This is a first. For once he has nothing to say.
- (countable, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) first base
- There was a close play at first.
- (countable, UK, Template loop detected: Template:context 2) A first-class honours degree.
person or thing in the first position
baseball: first base
UK colloquial: first-class honours degree
Elsewhere on the web