Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There is no original truth, only original error.Gaston Bachelard
- Rhymes: -æŋk
Adjectiveflank (not comparable)
- (nautical) Maximum (of speed). Historically faster than full speed (the most a vessel can sustain without excessive engine wear or risk of damage), now frequently used interchangeably. Typically used in an emergency or during an attack (All ahead flank!).
- (anatomy) The flesh between the last rib and the hip; the side.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A cut of meat from the flank of an animal.
- (military) The extreme left or right edge of a military formation, army etc.
- The side of something, in general senses.
- The outermost strip of a road.
flesh between the last rib and the hip
side of military formation
Third person singular
- (transitive) To attack the flank(s) of something.
- (transitive) To defend the flank(s) of something.
- (transitive) To place to the side(s) of something.
- To be placed to the side(s) of something (usually in terms of two objects, one on each side.)
to defend the flank(s)
to place to the side(s) of something
to be placed to the side(s) of something
Elsewhere on the web