Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There are chapters in every life which are seldom read and certainly not aloud.Carol Shields
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To run away; to escape.
- The prisoner tried to flee, but was caught by the guards.
- (transitive) To escape from.
- Many people fled the country as war loomed.
- Thousands of people moved northward trying to flee the drought.
to run away; to escape
to escape from
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web