Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness adds and multiplies, as we divide it with others.A. Nielsen
- (obscure or slang): Wayward, opposed.
- Note: Nowadays we refer to people being flighty instead.
- The act of flying.
- Birds are capable of flight
- An instance of flying.
- The migrating birds' flight took them to Africa.
- A collective term for doves or swallows.
- A journey made by an air craft, eg a balloon, plane or space shuttle.
- The flight to Paris leaves at 7 o'clock tonight
- The act of fleeing. (It is noun version of flee).
- take flight'
- A set of stairs or an escalator. A series of stairs between landings.
- A floor which are reached to by stairs or escalators.
- How many flights is it up?
- A feather on an arrow or dart used to help it follow an even path.
- A paper plane.
- (cricket): The movement of a spinning ball through the air - concerns its speed, trajectory and drift.
- The ballistic trajectory of an arrow or other projectile.
- A aerodynamic surfaces designed to guide such a projectile's trajectory.
- Act of fleeing of a refugee or a fugitive.
- An air force unit.
- Several sample glasses of a specific wine varietal. The pours are smaller than a full glass and the flight will generally include three to five different samples.
act of flying
journey made by an aircraft
act of fleeing
feather on an arrow
Elsewhere on the web