Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Making a life comes before making a living.Source Unknown
- Rhymes: -əʊtə(r)
- Agent noun of float; one who floats.
- An employee of a company who does not have fixed tasks to do but fills in wherever needed, usually when someone else is away.
- A threadlike speck in the visual field that seems to move, possibly caused by degeneration of the vitreous humour.
- An "extra" male at a dinner party, or a young friend of the hostess, whose assignment is to entertain the female guests.
- (insurance) A policy covering property at more than one location or which may be in transit.
- (police jargon) A floating corpse picked up from a body of water.
- (sports) An unaffiliated player.
- (surfing) A maneuver in which a surfer transitions above the unbroken face of the wave onto the lip, or on top of the breaking section of the wave.
- (vulgar) A piece of faeces that floats.
- 2004: He left a floater in the toilet. — poetry critical workshop 
- (two-up) A coin which does not spin when thrown in the air.
- Someone who attaches themselves to a group of people, much to the dismay of that group, and repeatedly shows up to participate in group activities despite attempts to get rid of, or “flush,” that person.
Elsewhere on the web