Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them Benjamin Franklin said it first.David H Comins
- Rhymes: -əʊtɪŋ
Adjectivefloating (not comparable)
- That which floats or float.
- floating buoys
- Not fixed in position, opinion etc.; free to move or drift.
- The outcome of the forthcoming election is still unclear due to the large number of floating voters.
- In China, the large floating population has tended to gravitate to cities.
- Finnish: kelluva
- Present participle of float.
Elsewhere on the web