Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is a sunbeam which may pass through a thousand bosoms without losing a particle of its original ray; nay, when it strikes on a kindred heart, like the converged light on a mirror, it reflects itself with redoubled brightness. It is not perfected till it is shared.Jane Porter
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- Something possessing structure or form.
- The act of assembling a group or structure.
- (geology) Rock or face of a mountain.
- (military) A grouping of military units or smaller formations under a command, such as a brigade, division, wing, etc.
- (military) An arrangement of moving troops, ships, or aircraft, such as a wedge, line abreast, or echelon. Often "in formation".
- The process of influencing or guiding a person to a deeper understanding of a particular vocation.
- (military grouping of units): battle group, brigade group, task force, combat team
- (military arrangement of forces): tactical formation, battle formation
something possessing structure or form
act of assembling a group or structure
process of influencing or guiding a person to a deeper understanding of a particular vocation
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web