Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement.Henry Ford
- (uncountable) The rate of occurrence of anything; the relationship between incidence and time period.
- With growing confidence, the Viking’s raids increased in frequency.
- The frequency of bus service has been improved from 15 to 12 minutes.
- (uncountable) The property of occurring often rather than infrequently.
- The FAQ addresses questions that come up with some frequency.
- The frequency of the visits was what annoyed him.
- (countable) The quotient of the number of times <math>n</math> a periodic phenomenon occurs over the time <math>t</math> in which it occurs: <math>f = n / t</math>.
- The frequency of middle C is 440 oscillations per second.
- The frequency of a wave is its velocity <math>v</math> divided by its wavelength <math>\lambda</math>: <math>f = v / \lambda</math>.
- Broadcasting live at a frequency of 98.3 megahertz, we’re your rock alternative!
- The frequency for electric power in the Americas is generally 60 Hz rather than 50.
rate of occurrence of anything
property of occurring often rather than infrequently
number of occurrences divided by time
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web