Visit the forum if you have a language query!
For verb: < Old French frequenter < [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] frequntare (“‘to fill, crowd, visit often, do or use often, etc.’”) < frequens (“‘frequent, crowded’”)
frequent (more frequent, most frequent)
- Done or occurring often.
- I take frequent breaks so I don't get too tired.
- There are frequent trains to the beach available.
- I am a frequent visitor to that city.
Third person singular
- (transitive) To visit often.
- I used to frequent that restaurant.
- “frequent” in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- "frequent" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web