Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Getting an idea should be like sitting down on a pin. It should make you jump up and do something.E. L. Simpson
See also Fundamentalist
- One who reduces religion to strict interpretation of core or original texts.
- (finance) A trader who trades on the financial fundamentals of the companies involved, as opposed to a chartist or technician.
- (Christian) Originally referred to an adherent of an American Christian movement that began as a response to the rejection of the accuracy of the Bible, the alleged deity of Christ, Christ's atonement for humanity, the virgin birth, and miracles. These points were first listed in a book series entitled "The Fundamentals: A Testimony to the Truth" published in 1909 and affirmed by the PCUSA in its 1910 Minutes of the General Assembly.
- (pejorative) A fundamentalist Christian (also fundie or fundy)
one who reduces religion to strict interpretation of core or original texts
trader who trades on the financial fundamentals
originally referred to an adherent of an American Christian movement
pejorative: A fundamentalist Christian, also fundie or fundy
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web