Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Same as geez
- Rhymes: -iː
- A general exclamation of surprise or frustration.
- Gee, I didn't know that!
- Gee this is fun!
- An instruction for a horse or other animal to turn right.
Gee, gosh and golly are generally considered somewhat dated or juvenile. They are often used for ironic effect, with the speaker putting on the persona of a freshly-scrubbed freckle-faced kid from days gone by (e.g. 1950 sitcom children, such as Beaver on Leave it to Beaver).
Third person singular
- To turn right or to cause to turn right.
- This horse won't gee when I tell him to.
- You may need to walk up to the front of the pack and physically gee the lead dog.
- the name of the letter G / g
- If one branch of English society drops its initial aitches, and another branch ignores its terminal gees.
- (slang, UK) a thousand dollars
- ten gees
- (physics) the unit of acceleration equal to that exerted by gravity
- Irish slang... meaning Vagina
"Give us a shot of your gee" "Her gee was proper bleedin' loose, just like throwing a sausage up O'Connell Street"
- To give.
Declension of gee
Elsewhere on the web