Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The greatest blunders, like the thickest ropes, are often compounded of a multitude of strands. Take the rope apart, separate it into the small threads that compose it, and you can break them one by one. You think, "That is all there was!" But twist them all together and you have something tremendous.Victor Hugo
- someone possessing extraordinary intelligence or skill.
- extraordinary mental capacity.
- inspiration, a mental leap, an extraordinary creative process.
- a work of genius
- (Roman mythology) the guardian spirit of a place or person.
- A way of thinking, optimizing one's capacity for learning and understanding.
someone possessing extraordinary intelligence or skill
extraordinary mental capacity
- household guardian spirit
Second declension (2).
Elsewhere on the web