Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- A motion of the limbs or body, especially one made to emphasize speech
- The middle finger gesture is really a nonverbal swear.
- An act or a remark made as a formality or as a sign of attitude
- We took flowers as a gesture of sympathy.
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To make a gesture or gestures.
- My dad said to never gesture with my hands when I talk.
- (transitive) To express something by a gesture or gestures.
- Never gesture at someone with a middle finger.
- ((intransitive) make a gesture): gesticulate
- (intransitive) make a gesture
- (transitive) express something by a gesture
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Portuguese: gesticular
Elsewhere on the web