Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is a good thing that life is not as serious as it seems to a waiter.Don Herold
Third person singular
- (literal meaning) (transitive) To move to a position behind (something).
- I got behind the wheel of my new car.
- (transitive) To give one's support to (a person, project etc.)
- We all need to get behind our leader.
- (intransitive) To fail to keep to a schedule; to fall behind.
- Hurry up with packing those cases. We're getting behind.
Elsewhere on the web