Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is a chain of love as nature is a chain of life.Truman Capote
Third person singular
- (literally) To move in an upwards direction; to ascend or climb.
- I'm having difficulty getting up the stairs.
- To rise from one's bed.
- I didn't get up until midday.
- To move from a sitting or lying position to a standing position; to stand up.
- Get up off the couch and clean this mess!
- To materialise; to grow stronger.
- As dusk fell a storm got up.
- To bring together, amass.
- The general got up a large body of men.
- To gather or grow larger by accretion.
- The locomotive got up a good head of steam.
- I could see that he was getting up a temper.
to rise from one's bed
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web