Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Deep down, no one really believes they have a right to live. But this death sentence generally stays tucked away, hidden beneath the difficulty of living. If that difficulty is removed from time to time, death is suddenly there, unintelligibly.Jean Baudrillard
to glove (third-person singular simple present glov, present participle ing, simple past and past participle -)
- An item of clothing other than a mitten, covering all or part of the hand and fingers, but allowing independent movement of the fingers.
- I wore gloves to keep my hands warm.
- The champ laced on his gloves before the big bout.
- (baseball) The ability to catch a hit ball.
- Frederico had a great glove, but he couldn't hit a curveball, so he never broke into the pros.
item of clothing
Third person singular
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To catch the ball in a baseball mitt
- He gloved the line drive for the third out.
- (transitive) To put on a glove.
- Maxwell gloved his hand so that he wouldn't leave fingerprints, then pulled the trigger.
Terms derived from the noun or verb "glove"
Elsewhere on the web