Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
He who never made a mistake, never made a discovery.Samuel Smiles
- Rhymes: -ɔː
Third person singular
- (transitive) To bite something persistently.
- Her teeth gnawed at me all night, keeping me twisting and turning from pain.
- We saw that the dog had been gnawing' on the bone.
- (intransitive) To produce excessive anxiety or worry.
- Her comment gnawed at me all night, keeping me twisting and turning in bed.
to bite something persistently
Elsewhere on the web