Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
What will not woman, gentle woman dare; when strong affection stirs her spirit up?Robert Southey
- To pursue in attempt to catch another.
- The downed officer couldn't go after the criminal.
- To pursue an object or a goal.
- In little league, usually everyone goes after the ball.
- Inspired, the scientist went right after the new idea.
Not to be confused with "going after someone", meaning following someone or something in sequence.
Elsewhere on the web