Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.Denis Waitley
- to go somewhere in order to get something
- I'll go for some milk.
- to try for something (especially in the phrase go for it)
- I'll go for the World record.
- to attack something
- Careful, he'll go for your throat!
- to endure, sustain or spend time
- If John goes for three days without sleep, he will be very tired.
- to be equally valid or appropriate
- My wife hates football, and that goes for me as well.
- to do something, especially for leisure.
- I like to go for a walk in the park to relax.
- I'll go for a swim if it's warm enough.
To endure, sustain or spend time
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web