Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.Franklin D. Roosevelt
Middle English gol, “boundary”.
- A result one is attempting to achieve.
- In many sports, an area into which the players attempt to put an object.
- The act of placing the object into the goal.
- point(s) scored in a game as a result of placing the object into the goal.
- (a result one is attempting to achieve:) ambition, object of desire, objective, purpose, aspiration
- See also Wikisaurus:goal
- goal difference
- goal umpire
- golden goal
- silver goal
result one is attempting to achieve
in many sports, an area into which the players attempt to put an object
act of placing the object into the goal
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
goal (plural: goals)
Elsewhere on the web