Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Whoever does not regard what he has as most ample wealth, is unhappy, though he be master of the world.Epictetus
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (RP) enPR: gŏn, IPA: /gɒn/, SAMPA: /gQn/
- Rhymes: -ɒn
- (GenAm) enPR: gŏn, IPA: /gɑn/, SAMPA: /gAn/
- Past participle of go.
Adjectivegone (not comparable)
- Away, having left.
- Are they gone already?
- No longer existing, having passed.
- The days of my youth are gone.
- Used up.
- I'm afraid all the coffee's gone at the moment.
Elsewhere on the web